Michael Grayum, City Administrator
Michael brings a wealth of leadership and management experience from the public, private and non-profit sectors. He has served as a Mayor, City Council member, senior executive for two state agencies, and board member for several regional and national organizations. Michael has a Master's Degree in Public Administration from the University of Washington and a Bachelor of Business Administration from Pacific Lutheran University where he was also an athlete on the football and track and field teams. Michael Grayum was hired in December 2016 as Yelm's second City Administrator in more than 20 years. He was appointed unanimously by the Mayor and City Council to serve as the professional administrator of the organization. He is responsible for managing the operations and administrative affairs of the City.
Michael is passionate about developing teams, connecting people and organizations, and creating innovative, sustainable, thriving communities. In his spare time, Michael enjoys reading, hiking, camping, and golfing.
The City Administrator's Office is available to assist you in:
- Connecting with the City Council
- Building stronger, active neighborhoods
- Assisting your new or existing business to be successful
- Finding volunteer opportunities that meet your needs
- Keeping you informed and involved with the City
- Helping you get connected to the right department for customer service